Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 mins
Now this is a dangerously delicious blueberry muffin and hard to eat just one. Paula suggests you welcome new neighbors with these moist muffins. You might want to make an extra batch for your house. I used frozen blueberries, and they were still delicious. Recipe courtesy of Cooking with Paula Deen/Spring Entertaining Issue.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line about 15 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar at medium speed with a mixer until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined.
- Beat in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Gradually add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Do not overmix.
- Gently stir in blueberries.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake for 9 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool in pans for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pans, and serve warm.
These were good and easy to make. I followed the recipe exacty as written and I got 12 muffins. I did start cooking these are 400 but the bottoms started to brown too quickly and the middle was not done. After nine minutes I turned them down to 350 and cooked them for another four minutes and they were done. We all enjoyed them warm and cold.