Paula Deen's Blueberry Muffins
photo by HokiesMom
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup granulated brown sugar or 1/2 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour 12 muffin cups.
- In first bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and the 1/2 cup sugar.
- In second bowl, combine the butter, egg and milk.blend well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and stir until combined (batter will be lumpy).
- Gently fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups. Each one should be about two-thirds full.
- Bake 10 minutes and remove from the oven. Sprinkle the muffins with the granulated white or brown sugar.
- Return muffins to the oven and bake an additional 10 to 20 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
- Let cool 10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Actually I did not follow this recipe because I caught the mistakes. I noticed the same mistakes in a Paula Deen video with the same recipe. I have 3 Paula Deen cookbooks so I know the recipes had to be mistakes. I made my muffins using her Cinnamon Toast Muffin recipe and folded in the blueberries. There's no other remedy for this recipe.
Not good. Very dry and not enough sugar in the batter. Sift your flour first then measure 2 cups and 1 tsp vanilla to your batter. Cut baking powder to 1 TBSP! Add 1 cup of sugar to the batter, not just 1/2 cup. Forget 1/2 cup sugar on tops of muffins!. One could mix up a streusel topping out of 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 tsp. of cinnamon and 2 or 3 TBSP. of butter. make a crumble and add on the top when putting in the oven first time. They will be much better.
see 5 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi there, my name is Stephanie. I live in College Station, TX and I attend Texas A&M University. My major is Mathematics with a minor in English. I've just discovered my love for cooking over the past year. I want to know anything and everything there is about cooking but I am still a beginner cook and have LOTS to learn! <br /> <br />I enjoy cooking, traveling, trying new restaurants, listening to music, country and western dancing and many other things. I have two cats named Patches and Ashley whom I absolutely love to death. They are literally the best friends I've ever had...if anyone wants to share stories about the crazy things their cats have done I would be more than happy to swap stories! <br /> <br /><img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg" alt="" /> <br /><img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg" alt="" /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /><img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/345380/xmaspatches.jpg" alt="" /> <br /> <br /><img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/345380/ashley.jpg" alt="" /></p>