Recipe by Peapo Queen
This is a semi homemade omelet that is simply and easy to make. It's a quick and easy recipe and that's why I call it the "Patty-Cake Omelette". Reminds of the lyrics to the Patty-Cake song, "...make me a cake as fast as you can!" By using non-dairy cheeses and a California blend (broccoli, cauliflower, sliced carrots medley) of "steam-fresh" frozen veggies, this omelet is not only lactose free and rich in vitamins, but taste great too! Feel free to make substitutions with the veggies and the cheeses.
- 1 cup california-blend frozen vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, sliced carrots medley)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon low sodium beef broth or 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chives
- 1 dash lemon pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 ounce mozzarella-flavor rice cheese (Low Fat, Non Dairy Rice, Shredded)
- 2 tablespoons vegan parmesan cheese (Low Fat, Non Dairy Rice, Grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the steam fresh vegetable mix (broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots) in the microwave according to the package, approximately 6 minutes. Set aside 1 cup of vegetables.
- Crack 4 eggs and put them into a glass bowl; add 1 tablespoons of low sodium beef broth or water, and beat for about a minute or until fluffy.
- Mix lemon pepper, paprika, turmeric, celery seed, chives, and nutmeg into the egg batter.
- Spray a sauté pan with non-stick cooking spray and set it over medium heat temperature.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook until you see the egg mixture “begin” to get solid. (Lower the heat setting to prevent the egg from cooking too fast.) Carefully, flip the egg over with the spatula on the other side in order to absorb the egg (running) moisture.
- Next, spread the steamed veggies top of the egg.Also, sprinkle a thin coating of shredded mozzarella on top of the egg put a lid over it so the cheese can melt. Continue to check the omelette to avoid overcooking.
- Finally, sprinkle a thin coating of Parmesan cheese on top of the omelette. Cut in half and serve immediately.