Recipe by Karen From Colorado
A light and fast cooking recipe to go with any stir-fried foods.
Top Review by MizzNezz
Super good! I made this with thin spaghetti. The veggies were crisp and the sauce for the pasta was excellent. The chicken and shrimp went great together. I used zucchinni and instead of the black sesame seeds I sprinkled the dish with sunflower seeds. After adding the sauce, I thought it was a little too thick, so I would reccommend using 3/4 cup chicken broth. Thanks Karen, we really enjoyed this!!
- 4 ounces fresh shrimp or 4 ounces frozen shrimp, thawed and peeled
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, rinsed,and patted dry,cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 6 ounces angel hair pasta or 6 ounces thin spaghetti
- to taste nonstick cooking spray
- 1 -2 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 summer squash, sliced
- 1 small sweet red peppers or 1 small green sweet pepper, thinly sliced into strips
- black sesame seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken broth, soy sauce, cornstarch and ginger in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions,drain and keep warm.
- While pasta cooks, coat a large skillet with the cooking spray.
- (add oil if necessary when cooking) Heat over med heat.
- Add green onions and garlic.
- Stir fry for 1 minute and remove from pan.
- Add squash to skillet.
- Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add sweet peppers to the skillet and stir fry 2 minutes more or until veggies are crisp tender.
- Remove veggies from skillet.
- Add chicken and shrimp to the skillet.
- Stir fry 2 or 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and shrimp is opaque.
- Push chicken and meat from the center of the skillet.
- Stir the sauce and add to the center of the pan.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Return veggies to the skillet.
- Stir all the ingredients together to coat with the sauce.
- Cook and stir about 1 minute more or until heated through.
- Serve hot chicken and shrimp mixture over pasta.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.