Recipe by Geema
This recipe is a simple, fast, one dish meal,yet elegant enough for company dinners. Just add a green salad and some garlic bread. I make this whenever I have some leftover chicken breasts.
Top Review by Willowmist
This was about the yummiest thing I've ever made. Husband and four year old loved it too. We didn't use the red pepper flakes, and I used frozen broccoli and probably had more than half a pound. Magnificent! Thank you!
- 12 ounces penne or 12 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 1⁄2 lb fresh broccoli florets
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese, more to taste
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast half, cooked and chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- ground black pepper
- fresh basil, chopped for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot with boiling salted water cook pasta according to directions until al dente.
- Meanwhile, blanch broccoli florets in a medium size saucepan for 2 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking.
- In large saute pan add the minced garlic and pesto sauce and olive oil, cooking over medium high heat for for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, broccoli, cooked chicken, salt and pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Stir to mix well and until heated.
- Add cooked pasta to saute pan and stir to blend.
- Add Parmesan cheese, fresh chopped basil and serve warm.