Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I used to make this a lot during high school. I had a few vegetarian friends (who ate dairy) who always asked me for this.
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled (all kinds work well)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- Cook pasta according to directions. Add the broccoli when pasta almost done to partially cook it.
- Heat saucepan and melt butter. Lightly sauté the garlic. Add the drained pasta and broccoli and sauté for about 3-4 minutes, adding more butter if necessary. Add cracked black pepper.
- Transfer to serving bowl and mix in the crumbled blue cheese and grated parmesan cheese.
- Mix well and serve.
Delicious! I needed something in a hurry and wanted a change from my usual pasta with broccoli, garlic, anchovy & crushed red pepper. The blue cheese and broccoli really complement each other, and the whole thing went together in under half an hour. I wouldn't change a thing (except I did use about 5 garlic cloves and only half a pound of pasta). I used cabra azul (blue goat cheese) here in Spain. It was perfect for two as a main course, with a bit left over for lunch tomorrow. I'll be checking out your other recipes soon.
Absolutely delicious! My grandma and I made it for a quick lunch and it was a definite hit! We made it exactly how it was written except we added some chopped onion that was left over from the fridge. This may be my next go to meal when I'm hungry and need a quick lunch or dinner.
I read all the rave reviews and thought this would be fantastic, but...hmmm. It wasn't integrated; someone at our table said it was pasta, broccoli and blue cheese tossed together and that's it. Very flavorless with the occasional lump of blue cheese. The garlic and pepper didn't come through, and it was dry. I used angel hair pasta but followed directions exactly. Really wanted to love this, but it was a miss for us.