Warm Roasted Beet Salad With Spinach and Blue Cheese
photo by Sackville
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs beets, peeled, trimmed, halved, and cut in 1/2-inch wedges (about 5 or 6)
- 2 shallots, peeled and quartered
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 6 ounces Baby Spinach
- 3 ounces blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, toss the beets with the shallots, 2 tablespoons of the oil, the thyme, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Transfer to an 11-by-13-inch pan and cook, tossing beets twice, until they are tender and browned in places (but not burnt), 25 to 35 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a large serving bowl and toss with the vinegar and the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the spinach on four salad plates. Arrange the beets on the spinach and sprinkle with blue cheese and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a bit of health nut, I must admit, but have an incurable sweet-tooth. I spend much of my free time outside, running, yoga-ing, biking, reading, and enjoying music. I love to cook and am always looking for something new, healthy, and gluten free to try.