MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I remember these from my junior high school cafeteria, every Friday without fail! I still hate tuna but now I can at least make up for that with a substitution!
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) can tuna fish (or chicken or deviled ham)
- 1⁄2 lb cubed cheese, american or cheddar
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped olives
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 hot dog buns
- Mix all together but the buns.
- Split buns half way thru and fill evenly with mixture.
- Wrap each in foil.
- Bake at 325 for 20 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I used a 185g tin of tuna, and cut the remaining ingredients to fill 4 bread rolls. I didnt have any olives but Im sure they would only enhance the already tasty mix. I used gerkin relish which gave the mix a nice sweet flavour, and the melted cheese was wonderful throughout the crispy rolls. Thanks for a great weekend lunch idea.Reply