Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love asparagus, and this is another lovely way to enjoy it!
- 453.59 g fresh asparagus spear
- 340.19 g package fettuccine
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 226.79 g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, scraped and sliced
- 236.59 ml half and half cream (I use fat free half and half to reduce calories)
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 9.85 ml dried basil (if using fresh, increase by half)
- 118.29 ml green pepper, chopped
- 118.29 ml red pepper, chopped
- 236.59 ml parmesan cheese, freshly grated (not the kind in a shake on can!)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- additional parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Snap off the tough ends of the asparagus. Cut asparagus diagonally into 1 inch pieces; set aside.
- Cook fettucine according to package directions. Drain well, and set aside.
- Saute onion and garlic in melted butter in a large skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add the asparagus, mushrooms, and carrot. Saute 7 minutes.
- Add half and half, chicken broth, and basil; cook over high heat 5 minutes or until the liquid is reduced by about 1/3. Stir in green and red pepper; cook 3 minutes.
- Add reserved fettucine, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired. Serve immediately.
What a delicious pasta dish! I had a variety of partial packages of pasta in the pantry (penne, rigatoni, spaghetti) so just used a combination of those, otherwise made just as directed and wouldn't change a thing. Loved all the veggies in this - thanks for posting the recipe!
Yum! I really enjoyed this a lot with all of the great veggies. Tasted very light. I made it as directed, other than halving the recipe. I had 2 more meals from this and played with the seasonings a bit. I tried some Italian seasoning and then added some crushed red pepper to change the taste the 3rd time, lol. This is a good recipe to clean out the refrigerator with little bits of veggies that are left. Thanks breezermom for some nice meals. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.