Recipe by breezermom
I love asparagus, and this is another lovely way to enjoy it!
Top Review by loof
What a delicious pasta dish! I had a variety of partial packages of pasta in the pantry (penne, rigatoni, spaghetti) so just used a combination of those, otherwise made just as directed and wouldn't change a thing. Loved all the veggies in this - thanks for posting the recipe!
- 453.59 g fresh asparagus spear
- 340.19 g package fettuccine
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 226.79 g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, scraped and sliced
- 236.59 ml half and half cream (I use fat free half and half to reduce calories)
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 9.85 ml dried basil (if using fresh, increase by half)
- 118.29 ml green pepper, chopped
- 118.29 ml red pepper, chopped
- 236.59 ml parmesan cheese, freshly grated (not the kind in a shake on can!)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- additional parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Snap off the tough ends of the asparagus. Cut asparagus diagonally into 1 inch pieces; set aside.
- Cook fettucine according to package directions. Drain well, and set aside.
- Saute onion and garlic in melted butter in a large skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add the asparagus, mushrooms, and carrot. Saute 7 minutes.
- Add half and half, chicken broth, and basil; cook over high heat 5 minutes or until the liquid is reduced by about 1/3. Stir in green and red pepper; cook 3 minutes.
- Add reserved fettucine, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired. Serve immediately.