Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
A throw together recipe I do when I want to go a step beyond plain macaroni salad.
Make and share this Pasta Salad With Baby Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb rotini noodles
- 1⁄2 lb bow tie pasta
- 1 (4 ounce) can baby shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise (give or take)
- Boil noodles together according to package directions. Drain and run under cold water till cooled. Drain well.
- In large bowl combine onion, green pepper, salt, pepper, vinegar and mustard.
- Add mayo and stir through.
- Add noodles and shrimp and thoroughly combine.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Note: I'm guessing on serving sizes cause we eat this sometimes as a meal, not just as a side.
This is great! I love it, and I also used fresh shrimp, since that's what I had on hand. I threw in a couple of peas from the garden ~ but it's not needed. It is great just the way it is written. Made for I Recommend, 2011
I doubled this recipe so that I'd have enough as leftovers after including it on my buffet this evening for a small group I'm hosting! Although I pretty much followed the recipe, I did include 3/4 pound of fresh shrimp (do love those little buggers)! Absolutely great tasting & yes, this would be a nice meal by itself! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement tag]