Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
I want to introduce my picky toddler to new things, I think this recipe will work well for her. I will update once we try it!
- 12 ounces farfalle pasta (bowties)
- 10 ounces frozen green peas
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta al dente in salted water. Add peas 1 minute before end of cook time. Drain and return pasta and peas to pot.
- Meanwhile, combine cream and broth in a large skillet, simmer until slightly thickened, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, stirring until melted. Add sauce to pasta and peas and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with extra parmesan cheese.
I didn't have Farfalle pasta at home so I made it with Elbows. The flavour was nice and my 3-year-old daughter enjoyed eating it but I couldn't get the sauce to thicken up.
This is not for kids only. This was a great tasty meal so quick to make. My whole family enjoyed it and it was done in record time. Thanks for a great tasting fast meal MommyMakes
my 2yr old daughter loved this; it was simple to make and a change up from the same old twice a week pasta tossed with olive oil and grated cheese. thanks!