Made this up today using ingredients I had on hand. Quick, easy, and quite good, actually! See if you like it. You can leave out the sausage if you prefer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans (which are white kidney beans)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 4 cups vegetable broth or 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 lb bulk Italian sausage, rolled into . 5 inch balls and cooked through
- 1/2 cup small shell pasta (like small shells, ditalini, or orzo)
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic or 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1Combine all ingredients EXCEPT pasta and sausage. Mix well. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low.
- 2In the meantime, cook sausage in small amount of oil until cooked through. Add sausage to soup, and cook for 30 mins over medium low heat.
- 3Add pasta; cook until pasta is al dente.
- 4Remove bay leaf before serving. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta E Fagioli With Italian Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 522.7
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 45.5 mg
- Sodium 2235.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 24.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: