Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Made this up today using ingredients I had on hand. Quick, easy, and quite good, actually! See if you like it. You can leave out the sausage if you prefer.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans (which are white kidney beans)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 4 cups vegetable broth or 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 lb bulk Italian sausage, rolled into . 5 inch balls and cooked through
- 1⁄2 cup small shell pasta (like small shells, ditalini, or orzo)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT pasta and sausage. Mix well. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low.
- In the meantime, cook sausage in small amount of oil until cooked through. Add sausage to soup, and cook for 30 mins over medium low heat.
- Add pasta; cook until pasta is al dente.
- Remove bay leaf before serving. Enjoy!