Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chock full of veggies its a healthy dish for one person yet comforting at the same time. Easily increased.
- 75 g pasta
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 courgette, diced
- 120 g aubergines, diced
- 4 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons pasta sauce
- 30 g goat's cheese
- 1 tablespoon torn basil leaves
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and add the onion, pepper, courgette, aubergine and tomatoes. Cook over a medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes until slightly softened and browned at the edges.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
- Mix the cooked and drained pasta with the softened vegetables and put in an oven-proof dish. Stir in the pasta sauce and crumble the goats' cheese over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, covering with foil halfway through the cooking time if the top is browning too much. Sprinkle with torn basil before serving.
Yummy dinner tonight for DD and I thanks, Marra. I used goat's fetta and my only missing ingredient was the aubergine so I added extra red pepper and heaps of fresh basil. Made for Holiday Tag.
Easy and very good! This made a nice dinner for one, with enough leftovers to be a side dish for one the next day. I couldn't find eggplant at my local grocery, so I substituted mushrooms instead. The only other change I made was to add some chopped garlic. The goat cheese really added a nice tang to this dish, without making it overly cheesy, and the pasta sauce added just enough moisture to keep the other ingredients from drying out in the oven. This is a definite make again, although I will add some herbs and seasonings next time.
I made this for Freezer Tag 2008. I scaled it to 4 servings. I enjoyed the mix of vegetables and pasta. I did substitute cheddar cheese for the goats cheese (I live in China, and cheese is a bit of a delicacy). I'm sure its better with goats cheese--or even mozzarella. This also froze really well. I prepared it up to step 4 and then froze. I let it thaw in the refrigerator for a day and a half before baking. It probably took about 30 minutes to bake and get hot.