Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is more like heaven in a bowl!!! I LUVLUVLUV pasta and shrimp together and this is more like a big MEAL than a salad!! With the mixture of shrimp, linguine, tomatoes and parmesan cheese, you'll have yourself a fabulous dinner or you can simply make it for a get together-I made it for my daughters 1st birthday and everyone LOVED it!! It was fancy enough to please the grown ups!!! This serves 12 so you can cut it in half to serve for dinner. Definitely worth trying!
- 1 lb linguine
- 3⁄4 cup creamy butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium raw shrimp
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to directions on box.
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Add onion, shrimp, green pepper, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat for 6-7 minutes.
- Stir whipping cream and flour together in small bowl.
- Add to shrimp mixture.
- Cook until just to a boil.
- Stir in tomatoes and basil.
- Place cooked pasta in large bowl.
- Top with shrimp mixture.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.