Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
From 30 Minute Meals.
- 1 lb ziti pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 15 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 pinches ground cinnamon
- ground black pepper
- 3 ounces prosciutto, 1 thick slice from the deli, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, then salt and cook the pasta to al dente on the chewy side, 7 minutes.
- Once your pasta water comes to a boil to cook the ziti, preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- To a medium skillet over medium heat, add the extra virgin olive oil.
- Cook the onions and garlic in the oil 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and bring to a bubble.
- Add the cream and season with the cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped prosciutto to the sauce and stir with the cooked pasta to combine.
- Grease a medium casserole dish.
- Adjust the seasonings and transfer the pasta to the casserole.
- Cover the pasta with parmesan cheese and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nice and mellow, creamy tomato sauce with hint of cinnamon and some prosciutto thrown in, too.
This is one of my family's favorite meals!