Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great, Italian recipe. You can make it with meat or without for a vegetarian meal. Got it out of a magazine. Prep. time is more if your meat is not cooked.
- 1⁄2-1 lb chopped cooked chicken or 1⁄2-1 lb browned lean ground beef
- 8 ounces small shaped pasta
- 1 (25 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli
- 1 cup cottage cheese or 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Preheat oven to 375°. Coat 2 1/2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta; drain; rinse with cold water.
- In bowl, combine marinara, mozzarella, spinach or broccoli, cottage cheese or ricotta, 6 T Parmesan, salt and pepper. Stir in pasta and chopped, cooked chicken (or ground beef); transfer to baking dish.
- Stir together bread crumbs, Parmesan and oil; sprinkle over pasta. Bake until hot, 25-30 minutes.
This pasta was wonderful! I used feta cheese, chicken and frozen broccoli. I loved how the pasta soaked up the sauce after baking. I also added sauteed onions and garlic, and added some fresh herbs to the sauce. Thanks!
I LOVED this recipe! I added Italian sausage, garlic and basil and instead of the breadcrumb topping I used the left over mozzarella cheese. It was amazing!
So yummy! I used 1.25lbs of ground beef and used fat free cottage cheese, spinach and bow tie pasta. I didn't have any bread crumbs so omitted that part. This was delicious!