Pasta Al Forno
- Ready In:
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large eggplant, cubed
- 15 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 10 large sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (use more if you like your food spicier!)
- 1 (720 ml) jar tomato puree
- 400 g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 250 g Fontina cheese, cubed
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- While the rigatoni cooks in salted boiling water, prepare the sauce.
- In a saucepan, heat up the olive oil and saute the garlic, eggplant, olives, tomatoes and red pepper flakes for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and salt to taste.
- Let cook for about 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Drain the rigatoni, add to the saucepan, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons parmesan and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Place half the rigatoni in a 9" x 13" baking dish, adding a layer of half of the mozzarella, half of the fontina and half of the remaining parmesan.
- Add the remaining rigatoni and follow with a final layer of all of the cheeses.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Join The Conversation
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live with my husband, four cats, and a sweet mutt named Jada in Scarborough, Ontario, where I work as an elementary school administrative assistant. I have a 31 year old daughter who lives with her boyfriend in nearby Don Mills, along with my sweet granddogs, Frankie and Turbo. I would have to say that my passion is animals, since I have so many of them! <br /><img src=http://images.quizilla.com/H/h0t5auce/1108834307_brown_answer.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/cookswithcattitude.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/CalendarGirlsSwap2009.jpg alt= /> <br /><br />If I had a month off work to do what I please, I would first catch up on my sleep and then just have fun - see a few movies and maybe take a couple of short trips - something that wouldn't break the bank - lol!</p>