Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
For those of you who don't know a kugel is sort of like a soufle--very good!
- 10 ounces spinach
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 3 carrots, grated
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 3 egg whites
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup matzo meal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook spinach in microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes -Don't add any water.
- Cool and squeeze dry.
- Sauté in sprayed pan, onion, celery, red pepper, and carrots for 5 minutes until golden.
- Add mushrooms and cook 5 minutes longer (or cook vegetables uncovered in the microwave for 6 to 8 minutes on HIGH).
- Chop spinach coarsely. Combine with remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a sprayed 7" x 11" Pyrex casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 350F for 45 to 50 minutes, until firm. Cut into squares to serve.
Made it for passover, the kids did not reject it. So that made me happy
Amazing! Where has this been all my life???? I think I finally found my new favorite dish! No religious reasons, but taste-wise, this is a definite 10...errr...5, but sorry, I'd give it more for sure! Thank you, thank you, thank you!