Festive Vegetable Kugel
A colorful dish for holiday dinners, or buffets. Not vegan. This can be made ahead and frozen or reheated. Can use 3 russet potatoes instead of sweet potatoes, or a combination of the two.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 lb zucchini, unpeeled (about 3 medium)
- 3 carrots, peeled
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled (about 1 pound)
- 2 medium onions, peeled and finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves, minced
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil, minced or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup matzo meal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Grate zucchini, carrots and sweet potatoes (can be done in the food processor).
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Spray a 3-quart rectangular or oval casserole with nonstick spray.
- Add vegetable mixture and spread evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until golden brown and firm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
A totally delicious kugel! I was a bit approximate with my ingredients - I'm so much more comfortable with recipes where I don't have to be exact! - and I added two leeks and a few additional favourite herbs but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Loved the versatility - the room to make it differently each time I make it - the wonderfully healthy ingredients, the low fat content and the fact that we could enjoy some now and freeze some to enjoy on other occasions. Thank you for sharing this super recipe, mikekey! Made for PRMR.