Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
very good pound cake! (IHHDRO)
- 1 lemon poundcake (Lemon Pound Cake)
- 1⁄2 cup passion fruit, unsweetened (puree or juice or nectar)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- powdered sugar
- whipping cream
- Make lemon pound cake the day before and refrigerate overnight.
- put 1/2 cup passionfruit puree/juice/nectar in a nonreactive saucepan with the sugar.
- Bring to a boil just to dissolve the sugar.
- Sift powdered sugar (2-3 cups) into a bowl and slowly add sweetened passionfruit mixture a couple of tablespoons at a time unril you have a thick glaze that is barely pourable.
- Pour out of bowl, drizzling all over the top of the pound cake.
- Take whipping cream and begin to whip at medium speed.
- Add sweetened passionfruit in suffiecient quantity to flavor whipped cream.
- Serve slices of iced cake with flavored whipped cream.