Another Good Pound Cake
This cake has a nice texture and a crust that is just crunchy enough. I hope it is not already posted on Recipezaar. I looked at MANY pound cakes and could not find an exact match. Some called for 2 cups of powdered sugar but this one uses a whole pound.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 1 lb powdered sugar (10X-about 4 cups)
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Cream butter or margarine and sugar well.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour 1/2 cup at a time, beating in each addition before adding the next.
- When well blended, add the vanilla and lemon extracts.
- Turn into a well greased and floured Bundt pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree (Fahrenheit) oven for 45 to 55 minutes.
- Cool briefly, then turn out onto serving plate.