Recipe by Bergy
Looking through my veggie bin a saw a sweet potato & a couple of parsnips and I was reminded of two good recipes that I tried recently -Roasted Parsnips & Carrots by Mean Chef and Sweet Potato Rosti by KJ so I thought why not try Parsnips and sweet potato - This recipe is the result. I like to bake the veggies on a baking stone covered with parchment but a cookie sheet will do
Top Review by Miss Angie
It was yummy, I snacked on these all afternoon. I didn't boil the parsnips (oops! I didn't see it!) but I cut the pieces smaller and it baked fine. I also tossed with olive oil and skipped the spray... chemicals :( Thanks for sharing, bergy!
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut in french fry size pieces
- 3 medium parsnips, cut in 1 1/2 by 1/2 pieces,core removed
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 14.78 ml cajun seasoning
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- salt & pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the prepared parsnips in boiling water for 5 minutes, drain well.
- Spread the veggies out in a single layer on paper towels.
- Spray lightly with veggie oil.
- Sprinkle with the garlic powder, Cajun spice mix& salt/pepper.
- Transfer the veggies to a baking stone or cookie sheet, single layer.
- Bake in 350f oven for 20 minutes, sprinkle with the soy sauce return to oven for a further 10 minutes minutes or until tender.
- Serve hot.