Recipe by Elana's Pantry
Last night, in the mood for something delicious and healthy (in that order), I made pesto using parsley. I always keep parsley in the fridge –it’s a staple for me, as are lemons and garlic. I consider these types of ingredients the building blocks of good food; hence, keeping these items in my kitchen is a must! Top your favorite high-protein, gluten-free pasta with this power packed parsley pesto –parsley is considered a superfood– and you have a dish that not only tastes good, it’s good for you too! Enjoy.
Top Review by FLKeysJen
Very flavorful! The lemon, garlic and other flavors keep this from being too "parsley-ey"...I made a pizza with this as the base plus goat cheese, mozarella, parmesan. Delicious without any meat or other toppings! Parsley is the new basil!
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, place parsley and pulse briefly.
- Add sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts, garlic, lemon juice and salt, then pulse until almost smooth.
- Drizzle in olive oil and pulse again briefly to incorporate.
- Serve with pasta, sesame crackers or walnut crackers.