Penne With Sun-Dried Tomatoes
This is my adopted recipe, I haven't made it yet.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb penne or 1/2 lb other pastas
- 8 cups water
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped (about 20-25)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, partly thawed
- 1⁄3 cup water
- sea salt
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 10 minutes and drain.
- In a large non-stick frying pan, saute the remaining ingredients over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Toss pasta with the tomato, garlic, and spinach mixture.
- Serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I saw this and thought it sounded very good. Once I got into the cooking process I felt that the recipe would be lacking in flavor. I will leave my comments on what I did to up the flavor. The pasta was a gluten free penne which was reduced to 2 servings with the other ingredients remaining the same. A little olive oil was warmed in a skillet and chopped onion added with the garlic. The sun dried tomatoes was added to the pan after the onions had wilted and in place of water chicken stock was used. I didn't measure the stock but I'm pretty sure it took more than what the recipe called for. The frozen spinach was squeezed dry. Using Rachel Ray's suggestion, some freshly grated nutmeg was added with the spinach along with a touch of red pepper flakes. About 1/3 cup of starchy pasta water was added to the sauce along with the cooked pasta. Recommendations of other reviewers contributed to the dish being topped off with grated parmesan cheese and sprinkled with toasted pine nuts. Made for Vivacious Violets and ZWT 7.