Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I could not find a recipe for a green and white pizza, so I decided to create my own. It turned out well, so, enjoy! The red-pepper flakes add a zing that I like, but leave them off if you prefer it non-spicy.
- 2 small boboli personal-size prepared pizza crust
- 1⁄2 cup frozen spinach, wrung
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄8 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, basil, parsley, nutmeg and garlic.
- Place spinach in a pile of several paper towels and wring well.
- Mix the wrung spinach and the onion into the olive oil mixture.
- Spread the spinach mixture onto the two Boboli pizza shells and top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 4 minutes, then pull it out of the oven and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
- Place back in oven and bake for 4-5 minutes, depending on your desired brown-ness.
I used my own whole wheat crust, fresh spinach, and threw in 1/2 of a tomato I wanted to use up. I omitted the parsley and nutmeg and used oregano instead. This had great flavor, although my onion-hating (spinach-loving) kids didn't like it, but dh and I sure did.