White Spinach Pizza - OAMC
This is a different white pizza. It is very tasty. Don't do what I did the first time I made it. I pulled it from the freezer and plopped it on the oven rack forgetting I hadn't pre baked the crust. Needless to say, I had a huge mess in the oven! This comes from one of Holly Clegg's books.
- Ready In:
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 10 ounces pizza dough (such as pillsbury, or make your own)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- Cook the spinach in the microwave according to the package directions. Cool and drain VERY WELL! Set aside.
- Spray a small saucepan with cooking spray. Add the garlic and saute just do soften - do not brown! Add the flour and stir. Add the milk and heat until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- To bake right away - Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll crust out onto a baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Spread crust with white sauce.
- Top with spinach and sprinkle with basil and oregano.
- Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake for 10- 20 minutes or until golden. Depends on how thick your crust is.
- To Freeze:.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and then saran wrap.
- Roll out crust and assemble pizza as above.
- Freeze on sheet until firm.
- Wrap tightly and remove from sheet. Store in freezer until ready to bake.
- To serve: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Unwrap pizza and place on baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly and crust is done.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Good, but we think there is room for improvement. I really think it would have tasted better if I had put the spinach and herbs in the white sauce and let the flavors blend some. We couldn't taste the herbs at all. I would definitely increase them and the garlic next time. I also think it would be good with some fresh or sundried tomatoes on it. I used Recipe #143045 for the crust.