Recipe by dragonpawz
Found this tasty rice dish on a web site. Great flavor, and the sliced almonds really make the dish.
Top Review by Outta Here
The only change I made was using fresh parsley, since I have it growing in the yard. This is very easy and quite tasty and the perfect side for some roast salmon. Would also be good with a roast chicken.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons greated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan on medium heat.
- Add rice, cook and stir three minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth,garlic powder,parsley flakes and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to low,cover and simmer 20 minutes or until rice in tender.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and sliced almonds.