Recipe by Anglo Mama in Israel
A bit different...
Top Review by Nyteglori
We used this as a side dish and we liked the flavors. I was out of black olives so I omitted them. I would suggest though browning the onions a bit before adding the rice. The onions were not quite done enough by the time the rice had browned. Add some garlic and double the cheese and this would be a 5 star recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pitted black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown rice and onions in butter or oil.
- Add 3 cups boiling water.
- Cover. Cook until rice is nearly done.
- Add 1 cup white wine, 3 tomatoes, chopped, 1 1/2 t. salt, dash pepper.
- Cook 12 minutes. Stir in 3/4 cup grated Parmesan and 1 cup pitted black olives, sliced.
- Heat thoroughly and serve.