Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
The cheesy crust gives a nice finish to this pork chop casserole. The whole family will love it.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 cups onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- 6 pork loin chops
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Melt 2 tbsp butter; cook onions until soft (15 minutes).
- Stir in red pepper, thyme, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Melt remaining butter and brown the chops on both sides until nicely browned.
- In an oven proof dish spread half the onion mixture.
- Top with pork chops (overlap slightly if necessary).
- Cover with remaining onion mixture.
- Drizzle the chicken stock over casserole.
- Bake covered in 400°F degrees oven for 40 minutes or until chops are tender, basting one or two times.
- Meanwhile mix together; bread crumbs, Parmesan, mozzarella and 2 tbsp butter.
- Sprinkle over the casserole when the chops are done.
- Bake for 10 minutes to form a crisp topping and then broil for a minute or two to finish browning (if necessary).
Really good and easy to put together. Used 10 thin (1/3" thick) chops and left all other proportions the same. It came out perfect. Thanks!
flavorful and easy to put together! i used a blackened seasoning on my pork chops for extra flavor. i added some garlic to the onion/pepper mixture. i think next time i'll use a tab bit less chicken stock, as mine turned out a little runny. loved the cheesy crust, i used asiago since that's what i had. thanks for posting.
It was pretty good. I served it with mashed sweet potatoes which balanced out the onions. And I love onions.