Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Found in my great papaya recipe hunt to use the bounty of my yard.
- 4 lbs papayas
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 lb brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 graham cracker pie crust, 9-inch
- Cut fruit meat from skin; cut fruit into chunks. Add sugars, let set 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place sugared fruit in a pot large enough to handle, cook over medium heat until fruit is tender and is easily broken into smaller pieces, about 30 minutes. Stir occassionally, to keep papaya from sticking. Add spices about halfway through the cooking process.
- When papaya is cooked, allow to cool about 15 minutes, add the beaten eggs and place in the pie shell.
- Bake at 350F for about 45 minutes.