Mango Ginger Marmalade
- Ready In:
- 1 lemon (sweet if you have it)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 8 cups cubed mangoes
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- Peel the rind (zest) from the lemon, and cut into thin strips.
- Squeeze lemon, reserving the juice. Chop the pulp, placing the pulp and ginger on a square of cheesecloth. (Or forget the cheesecloth and just mince very small) Tie cheesecloth with a string.
- Cook lemon zest, spice bag and mango in saucepan over medium heat, stirring now and then, for 30 minutes.
- Add sugar and lemon juice;bring it to a boil over medium heat , continue to boil, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Discard your spice bag.
- Pour into hot jars, filling to 1/2 inch from the top of the jar.
- Remove the air bubbles carefully; wipe all the jar rims.
- Cover at once with metal lids,and screw on bands. Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes. Store in dark, cool space.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation