Papaya Pie (Antigua and Barbuda)
photo by GiddyUpGo
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- Peel the papayas and remove the seeds. Roughly mash them.
- Add the lime juice, the lime zest, the cinnamon and the orange extract. Mix well.
- Fold in the flour and sugar. At this point, you might want to taste the mixture and adjust the ingredients according to how sweet you like it.
- Beat the eggs until they form stiff peaks.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the papaya mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 45 minutes, or until the filling is set and slightly brown on top.
- Serve chilled.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mother of two with another one on the way! I am married to an Englishman and we own a small business in our local area. We live in a very small town called Rough and Ready (yes there really is a place called Rough and Ready!) I am a part-time writer and full time mom. My kids were born 15 months apart and keep me so busy I barely have enough time to cook and no time at all for my other passion, horseback riding. I once had four horses but am down to two; my Arab mare Argo and old Denver. Both of them spend the vast majority of their time standing around in my back yard eating hay. I get to feed them and look at them, but until my kids are all in school (and I stop having more kids) that's about it. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">