Kangaroo Burgers (Australia)
photo by GiddyUpGo
- Ready In:
- 1 lb miced kangaroo meat
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 4 hamburger buns
- Mix the kangaroo mince with the onion, garlic and cilantro. season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Shape the meat into four patties. Heat the oil over a medium hot flame and pan fry burgers until medium rare (if kangaroo is overcooked it will become dry and chewy).
- Serve on toasted burger buns with lettuce leaves and bush tomato chutney.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mother of two with another one on the way! I am married to an Englishman and we own a small business in our local area. We live in a very small town called Rough and Ready (yes there really is a place called Rough and Ready!) I am a part-time writer and full time mom. My kids were born 15 months apart and keep me so busy I barely have enough time to cook and no time at all for my other passion, horseback riding. I once had four horses but am down to two; my Arab mare Argo and old Denver. Both of them spend the vast majority of their time standing around in my back yard eating hay. I get to feed them and look at them, but until my kids are all in school (and I stop having more kids) that's about it. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">