Traditional Asian Filipino noodle dish With vegetables, chicken, pork and shrimp.
Make and share this Pancit Canton recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lb pork shoulder, sliced thinly
- 1 chicken breast, deboned and sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, peeled
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup green beans, julienned
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 3⁄4 cup dried black mushrooms or 3⁄4 cup shiitake mushroom (optional)
- 1 (1 lb) package pancit noodles (Chinese wheat noodles)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- patis, to taste (Filipino fish sauce) (optional)
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 lemons or 1 kalamansi, cut into wedges
- If using mushrooms, soak them in warm water for 30 minutes, then cut into strips, discarding the tough stems.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in wok or large skillet.
- Saute garlic and onions until tender.
- Add pork, chicken and shrimp, and cook until browned.
- Add soy sauce, stirring to flavor.
- Add chicken broth and bring to boil.
- Add cabbage, green beans, carrots and mushrooms.
- Cook until vegetables are tender, yet crisp, 5-8 minutes.
- Add noodles, mixing gently to prevent them from breaking.
- Cook until liquid is absorbed and noodles are done, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Season with black pepper and patis.
- Garnish with green onions and lemon wedges.