Traditional Asian Filipino noodle dish With vegetables, chicken, pork and shrimp.
Make and share this Pancit Canton recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lb pork shoulder, sliced thinly
- 1 chicken breast, deboned and sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, peeled
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup green beans, julienned
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 3⁄4 cup dried black mushrooms or 3⁄4 cup shiitake mushroom (optional)
- 1 (1 lb) package pancit noodles (Chinese wheat noodles)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- patis, to taste (Filipino fish sauce) (optional)
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 lemons or 1 kalamansi, cut into wedges
- If using mushrooms, soak them in warm water for 30 minutes, then cut into strips, discarding the tough stems.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in wok or large skillet.
- Saute garlic and onions until tender.
- Add pork, chicken and shrimp, and cook until browned.
- Add soy sauce, stirring to flavor.
- Add chicken broth and bring to boil.
- Add cabbage, green beans, carrots and mushrooms.
- Cook until vegetables are tender, yet crisp, 5-8 minutes.
- Add noodles, mixing gently to prevent them from breaking.
- Cook until liquid is absorbed and noodles are done, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Season with black pepper and patis.
- Garnish with green onions and lemon wedges.
Definitely a keeper. The entire family loved it. I left out the cabbage and mushrooms to suit my picky eaters, but it was still just terrific. I'll make this often and it's really pretty inexpensive, too.
My first Phillipino recipe. Tasted delicious. Not too hard to make.
Our family thought this recipe was just SUPER! My husband, and 4 kids want me to make it all the time...LOL This will be a favorite in our famil :) Thank you so much