1/4 Photos of Pancit Canton
Traditional Asian Filipino noodle dish With vegetables, chicken, pork and shrimp.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lb pork shoulder, sliced thinly
- 1 chicken breast, deboned and sliced thinly
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup green beans, julienned
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 3/4 cup dried black mushrooms or 3/4 cup shiitake mushroom (optional)
- 1 (1 lb) package pancit noodles (Chinese wheat noodles)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- patis, to taste (Filipino fish sauce) (optional)
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 lemons or 1 kalamansi, cut into wedges
- 1If using mushrooms, soak them in warm water for 30 minutes, then cut into strips, discarding the tough stems.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Heat oil over medium-high heat in wok or large skillet.
- 4Saute garlic and onions until tender.
- 5Add pork, chicken and shrimp, and cook until browned.
- 6Add soy sauce, stirring to flavor.
- 7Add chicken broth and bring to boil.
- 8Add cabbage, green beans, carrots and mushrooms.
- 9Cook until vegetables are tender, yet crisp, 5-8 minutes.
- 10Add noodles, mixing gently to prevent them from breaking.
- 11Cook until liquid is absorbed and noodles are done, about 10 minutes.
- 12Remove from heat.
- 13Season with black pepper and patis.
- 14Garnish with green onions and lemon wedges.
Nutritional Facts for Pancit Canton
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.0
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 148.8 mg
- Sodium 1025.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 30.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried black mushrooms