Based on recipe from grouprecipes.com. Hubby LOVES it! Great with steamed broccoli and red potatoes. Quick and easy! Pretty spicy though.
- 2 lbs tilapia fillets
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning (like Slap Yo' Mama)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or less to none if your not from Texas)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, wedges for garnish
- Thaw and dry filets.
- Mix all but the oils in a small bowl. Dry rub spice mix onto both sides of each filet.
- Heat 1/2 of both oils in a large skillet over med-hi heat.
- In batches, cook about 2-3 minutes on each side depending on the thickness. Repeat for the rest of the fish adding oil as needed.
- Serve with lemon wedges.