Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Based on recipe from grouprecipes.com. Hubby LOVES it! Great with steamed broccoli and red potatoes. Quick and easy! Pretty spicy though.
- 2 lbs tilapia fillets
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning (like Slap Yo' Mama)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or less to none if your not from Texas)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, wedges for garnish
- Thaw and dry filets.
- Mix all but the oils in a small bowl. Dry rub spice mix onto both sides of each filet.
- Heat 1/2 of both oils in a large skillet over med-hi heat.
- In batches, cook about 2-3 minutes on each side depending on the thickness. Repeat for the rest of the fish adding oil as needed.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
This is an unbeatable recipe. I didn't change a thing and the flavors were umami-perfect! I served this alongside Foodie Friend's "Smashed Cauliflower-Potatoes" for ALL YOU CAN COOK BUFFET 2011. I will definitely be making this again. Thanks, BetterLate!
Made this last night for our dinner along with coleslaw and orzo/rice pilaf...wonderful! I didn't add the full amount of the cayenne but I probably could have. Made as written and definately will make again. This is an easy and simple recipe with things I always have available. Made for Seafood Tag 2011.
This recipe rates much higher than the 5 stars allowed! It is the best tilapia recipe I've ever tried. The flavor is perfect as written and it was so easy to prepare. It's definitely a keeper. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC 2011.