Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Based on recipe from grouprecipes.com. Hubby LOVES it! Great with steamed broccoli and red potatoes. Quick and easy! Pretty spicy though.
- 2 lbs tilapia fillets
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning (like Slap Yo' Mama)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or less to none if your not from Texas)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, wedges for garnish
- Thaw and dry filets.
- Mix all but the oils in a small bowl. Dry rub spice mix onto both sides of each filet.
- Heat 1/2 of both oils in a large skillet over med-hi heat.
- In batches, cook about 2-3 minutes on each side depending on the thickness. Repeat for the rest of the fish adding oil as needed.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
My family loved this recipe. Didn't add the Cayenne though, but still came out great. Will definitely do again.
Very flavorful, could be spicier though.Just kidding plenty spicy for the average person and a great recipe.
This is an unbeatable recipe. I didn't change a thing and the flavors were umami-perfect! I served this alongside Foodie Friend's "Smashed Cauliflower-Potatoes" for ALL YOU CAN COOK BUFFET 2011. I will definitely be making this again. Thanks, BetterLate!