Recipe by Bonnie G #2
Found this in a Cuisine at home "cooking for two" book I bought, made it and LOVE it. Made just enough for DH and I and only used one pan to cook twice, first partially cook sprouts in water then saute in butter. The end result is YUMMY if you like sprouts and really brings out the fresh flavor with a nice bright color. I did saute some onions with mine and liked that.
Top Review by Deantini
Absolutely loved them!! We did not have prosciutto and subbed with Canadian bacon. I think you could use any kind of bacon in this recipe. I will for sure be making this again; thanks for sharing!!
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quarterd
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 ounce prosciutto, chopped
- 1 tablespoon banana pepper, pickled
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine: Brussels sprouts and water in a saute' pan.
- Cover and boil, 3 minutes.
- Uncover and allow remaining water to evaporate.
- Move Brussels sprouts to the side of pan.
- Melt: Butter in pan and add prosciutto; saute until crisp, 2-3 minutes.
- Mix Brussels sprouts with the prosciutto.
- Cook until sprouts begin to brown 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in: Pepper rings and season with salt and pepper.