Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
We really enjoyed these steaks. They are a great way to use garden oregano, and the sauce is delicious over steaks and drizzled over baked potatoes. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (December 2005)
- 29.58 ml fresh oregano, chopped
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 9.85 ml paprika
- 2 rib eye steaks (3/4-inch thick)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 177.44 ml beef broth
- 9.85 ml sherry wine vinegar
- 9.85 ml honey
- 29.58 ml butter, chilled
- In a small cup or bowl mix oregano, cumin and paprika together.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. then sprinkle each side of steaks with spice mixture, reserving some for the sauce.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add steaks and cook to desired doneness (about 5-10 minutes per side for medium). Transfer steaks to a platter and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine broth, vinegar, honey and the remaining spice mixture. Bring to a boil and boil until slightly reduced (3-5 minutes). Remove from heat and whisk in butter. Season sauce with salt and pepper if desired.
- Pour sauce over steaks.
Outstanding.. Juicy and full of flavor ..Make sure you make enough sauce... I didn't have the sherry vinegar so I used a little wine
Great pan-seared steak! The sauce is phenomenal! I really wondered about it, but it turned out soooo good! My steak was an inch thick, and I needed to reduce the cooking time in order to keep a bit of pink inside. Definitely 5 star worthy, and a recipe I'll make often. Thanks for sharing! Made for Rookie tag game.
Great steak! I cooked mine to a nice medium rare and it was juicy and tender. I cut the recipe back to one serving but forgot to cut back on the beef broth, so my sauce came out rather thin, lol. My fault - not the recipe. The flavor will still there tho. Thanks ellie for a nice dinner. Made for Chef Alphabet Soup Tag.