Recipe by ellie_
We really enjoyed these steaks. They are a great way to use garden oregano, and the sauce is delicious over steaks and drizzled over baked potatoes. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (December 2005)
Top Review by sarah.j.diggs
Amazing flavors that hit all the right notes! I am definitely adding this recipe to my collection and will use it next time I entertain. It will be fun to find the perfect wine pairing. Thanks!
- 29.58 ml fresh oregano, chopped
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 9.85 ml paprika
- 2 rib eye steaks (3/4-inch thick)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 177.44 ml beef broth
- 9.85 ml sherry wine vinegar
- 9.85 ml honey
- 29.58 ml butter, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small cup or bowl mix oregano, cumin and paprika together.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. then sprinkle each side of steaks with spice mixture, reserving some for the sauce.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add steaks and cook to desired doneness (about 5-10 minutes per side for medium). Transfer steaks to a platter and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine broth, vinegar, honey and the remaining spice mixture. Bring to a boil and boil until slightly reduced (3-5 minutes). Remove from heat and whisk in butter. Season sauce with salt and pepper if desired.
- Pour sauce over steaks.