Bourbon Barbecued Rib-Eye Steaks
Another bourbon sauce but a very good one. From Weber's "Real Grilling".
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 lbs rib eye steaks (2 large bone-in steaks about 1 1/4 lbs each, 1 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk first 8 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Place steaks in a large resealable bag and pour in the marinade. Seal and refrigerate for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove steaks from fridge for 30 minutes, then remove from marinade and pat dry.
- Mix paprika, salt and pepper and rub into both sides of the steak.
- Preheat grill to high and cook 8 - 10 minutes for medium-rare, turning once.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Time does not include time to marinate (2 hours).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This recipe really made the steak a more full bodied experience...like you would receive at the best steak houses around. Our rib eye was about 1 1/2" thick...a big one...marinated it for about 2 1/2 hours and then grilled on the Big Green Egg with some mesquite wood chucks added...tremendously flavorful...a keeper.