Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the first recipe I cooked from the River Cafe Restaurant and it is really easy and really good. The recipe calls for you to use a whole, boned chicken, but I prefer to buy skin on chicken breasts and just use them. Please use fresh lemon juice.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, skin-on
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lemons, juice of
- Pre-heat your oven to 450f.
- Loosen the skin to make a pocket on each breast.
- Mix the fresh rosemary with the mascarpone and season with salt and a good amount of pepper (if you like it!).
- Place 1/2 of the mascarpone in each pocket of the chicken. Season each breast with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil over hot heat, in a large oven proof frying pan. Brown the chicken quickly on both sides.
- Put the frying pan into the hot oven and roast for about 15 minutes or until cooked through. (Depends on the size of the chicken, but you should test it for doneness).
- Remove the pan from the oven and over a medium flame, add the lemon juice. It will combine with any mascarpone that leaked out, and the chicken juices.
- Turn the chicken to coat with the sauce and serve.
- I like this over wilted garlic spinach, which picks up the juices nicely!
We just love this recipe. Make as directed and you will have yourself a great dinner fit for company! Thank you A la Carte
DELICIOUS! We used large boned chicken breasts. This was the most delicious, amazingly moist chicken we've ever had. When we put the sauce under the skin, we just pushed the skin around to help spread it out underneath. This is great for people who don't like thick sauces over the chicken. VERY delicious and easy to make!