Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This dish is easy to make. It is very slightly adapted from the cookbook titled Jasmine in Her Hair.
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 4 medium potatoes
- 3 diced tomatoes
- 3 -4 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Wash the cauliflower and break into florets.
- Set aside.
- Wash the potatoes, peel and dice.
- Set aside.
- Wash the tomatoes, dice and set aside.
- In a large nonstick frying pan heat the oil over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the cumin seeds and heat for about 30 seconds.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook another 30 seconds.
- Add the potatoes and stir to blend.
- Add the ground coriander, cayenne, salt and turmeric and mix well, for about a minute.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Increase heat to high.
- Add the cauliflower florets and cook for another 5 minutes, again stirring occasionally.
- Add water, cover, reduce heat to medium or medium-low, and cook for 15 more minutes, until the vegetables are tender and most of the water is gone.
- Stir once in a while.
- Remove cover and add the peas.
- Cook two more minutes and turn off heat.
- Garnish with the cilantro.