Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This dish is easy to make. It is very slightly adapted from the cookbook titled Jasmine in Her Hair.
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 4 medium potatoes
- 3 diced tomatoes
- 3 -4 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Wash the cauliflower and break into florets.
- Set aside.
- Wash the potatoes, peel and dice.
- Set aside.
- Wash the tomatoes, dice and set aside.
- In a large nonstick frying pan heat the oil over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the cumin seeds and heat for about 30 seconds.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook another 30 seconds.
- Add the potatoes and stir to blend.
- Add the ground coriander, cayenne, salt and turmeric and mix well, for about a minute.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Increase heat to high.
- Add the cauliflower florets and cook for another 5 minutes, again stirring occasionally.
- Add water, cover, reduce heat to medium or medium-low, and cook for 15 more minutes, until the vegetables are tender and most of the water is gone.
- Stir once in a while.
- Remove cover and add the peas.
- Cook two more minutes and turn off heat.
- Garnish with the cilantro.