Chicken With Sweet Potatoes and Cauliflower
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Delicious "all in one" recipe courtesy of *Everyday Food*. However, if I were really to serve it to *four* people, I'd want to up the amount of sweet potatoes and cauliflower some.
- Ready In:
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick (about 1/2 pound)
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower, cut into medium florets (about 1pound)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- coarse salt
- ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (can also use sherry vinegar)
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless (6-8 ounces each)
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 tablespoon unsalted butter, cold
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss sweet potato and cauliflower with 1-1/2 tablespoons of oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until cooked through and browned on one side, about 25 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and gently toss with 1 tablespoon vinegar.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat 1/2 tablespoon oil over medium-low heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook until golden and cooked through, 30-35 minutes, flipping chicken halfway through. Transfer chicken to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- To skillet, add broth, thyme, and 1 tablespoon vinegar. Cook over medium-high, scraping up browned bits, until reduced by half, 3-5 minutes. Return chicken and any accumulated juices to skillet and turn chicken to coat with sauce. Remove from heat and stir in butter. Serve chicken with vegatbles and pan sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION