Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Add crusty bread and salad to complete the meal.
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 lb red snapper, cut into bite-sized pieces (may use any white fish fillets)
- 1⁄4 lb large scallop, cut in half vertically
- 1⁄4 lb small cooked shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half or 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- chopped parsley
- In a big soup pot over medium heat, combine the first 4 ingredients.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until the vegetables are slightly tender.
- Add in the seafood; cover and cook 10 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir the flour and clam juice together.
- Add to fish mixture and stir 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add half-and-half, butter, salt, and pepper; stir to mix.
- Heat over low heat until warm enough to serve; do not boil.
- Ladle soup into individual bowls; sprinkle with parsley and paprika; serve immediately.