Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This copycat recipe is from the PF Chang's website.
- 12 ounces beef tenderloin, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic
- 2 fluid ounces gluten free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon rice wine
- 2 ounces green onions, sliced 3 inches green part only
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Heat oil in a saute pan. Add the beef and cook on high heat for 30-60 seconds or until cooked. Beef should be lightly browned around the edges and gray throughout the rest of the surface.
- Add your garlic and toss. Add the rice wine, soy sauce, and sugar. Bring to a boil.
- Cook and reduce the sauce around the beef until all sauce has caramelized onto the beef. The sauté pan should be "dry" (no flowing sauce) before proceeding onto the next step.
- Add the green onion sticks and toss to incorporate into the beef. A few tosses are all that are needed; do not wilt the green onion sticks!
- Finish with sesame oil. Serve and enjoy!