Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Just another tasty dressing made by none other, my Irish Grandmother. It may not be an Irish recipe but it is very tasty. She made this for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners every year.
- 1 roasting chickens or 1 duck
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 4 stalks celery
- 1 (8 ounce) can oysters (not drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) package breadcrumbs
- poultry seasoning
- salt & pepper
- Simmer 2 medium potatoes, 2 onions, and 4 stalks of celery, (chopped fine) cover with water and cook until tender.
- Add this mixture to bread crumbs and poultry seasonings.
- Add oysters(do not drain liquid)stirring lightly.
- Stuff the chicken or the duck, bake at about 350 degrees until tender, usually between 60 and 90 minutes.