Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious, easy, quick, inexpensive and low-fat! Can't really go wrong with that!
- 1 cup water (or a little less)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup mirin
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 eggs
- cooked rice
- In a large skillet with lid, mix water, soy sauce, mirin and sugar; bring to a boil.
- Add chicken and onion; cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until chicken and onions are cooked.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl; pour over chicken and cover with lid.
- Cook until egg is set (do not touch the egg during this time), about 1 minute.
- Serve over rice.
I made this even easier by using the pre-grilled chicken strips in the frozen section, and then instead of the soy sauce, I used a Hawaiian teriyaki sauce. This was just a quick, delicious meal that is perfect for a busy weeknight.