I found this scrumptious-looking, healthy recipe on McCormick.com and modified it slightly to fit my dietary needs. I can't wait to try it. Prep time does not include time to soak the bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 eggs, beaten or 1 1/4 cups Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 3/4 cup milk or 3/4 cup soymilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 8 1-inch slices
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen whole strawberries
- 4 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- cinnamon sugar (a 2 to 1 mixture of sugar and cinnamon)
- 1Mix eggs, milk, vanilla extract and baking powder. Pour over bread to soak; turn to coat well. Cover.
- 2Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- 3Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 4Mix frozen strawberries, bananas and sugar in 13x9-inch baking dish.
- 5Top with soaked bread slices.
- 6Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- 7Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Overnight Strawberry-Banana French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.7
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 135.3 mg
- Sodium 413.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 35.3 g
- Protein 10.5 g