Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
If you like reubens you will really enjoy this spread! I make this a lot for the guys watching football/baseball games. We never have any leftovers. Serve with plain or toasted rye bread slices, crackers, or other sturdy sides.
- 1 large minced onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 lb corned beef
- 3⁄4 cup well drained sauerkraut (packed)
- 3⁄4 cup grated swiss cheese
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- Brown the onion in the butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
- While the onion is cooking, process the corned beef and sauerkraut in the food processor until finely chopped.
- Add the cooked onion and process again.
- Add the cheese, mayonnaise, cream cheese, mustard, dill, and pepper and process until smooth.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and sprinkle with the caraway seeds.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours and up to 2 days in advance.