Recipe by Chabear01
This is a recipe out of the Gold Medal "Lets Bake" that I inherited from my DM. These are rolls my DD loves and makes often on those special occasions.
Top Review by Hazeleyes
This will be my go-to recipe for overnight rolls from now on! The rolls raised very nicely in the fridge. I let them set out for about 45 min. before baking them. The results were delicious! Thanks!
- 3 1⁄2-4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages yeast (can be regular or quick rising)
- 1 cup milk, very warm (120 to 130 degrees)
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup dark corn syrup
- 3⁄4 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together filling ingredients and set aside.
- Mix 2 cups of the flour, granulated sugar, salt and yeast in large bowl. Add milk, 1/3 cup butter and the egg. Beat with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute, scraping bowl frequently. Beat on medium speed 1 minute, scraping bowl frequently. Stir in remaining flour, 1 cup at a time, to make dough easy to handle.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface; gently roll in flour to coat. Knead about 5 minutes or until smooth and springy. Place dough in greased large bowl, turning dought to grease all sides. Cover and let rise in warm place about 1 1/2 hours or until double. (Dough is ready if indentation remains when touched).
- Grease rectangular pan, 13 x 9 x 2 inches. Heat brown sugar and 1/2 cup butter to boiling in 1 quart saucepan, stirring constantly; remove from heat. Stir in corn syrup; cool 5 minutes. Pour into pan. Sprinkle with pecan halves.
- Gently push fist into dough to deflate. Pat or roll into 15 x 10 inch rectangle. Spread with 2 tablespoons butter sprinkle with filling. Roll up tightly, beginning at 15 inch side. Pinch edge of dough into roll to seal. Stretch and shape to make even. Cut into 15 1-inch slices. Place slightly apart in pan.
- Cover unbaked rolls tightly and immediately refrigerate at least 12 hours (to allow for rising) but no longer than 48 hours.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Uncover and bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. Let pan remain about 1 minute so caramel can drizzle over rolls.
- ***Note*** to bake immediately ater placing sliced dough in pan, let rise uncovered in warm place about 30 minutes or until doubled. Bake as directed above.