1/1 Photo of Overnight Pecan Rolls
1 hr 20 mins
This is a recipe out of the Gold Medal "Lets Bake" that I inherited from my DM. These are rolls my DD loves and makes often on those special occasions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2-4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages yeast (can be regular or quick rising)
- 1 cup milk, very warm (120 to 130 degrees)
- 1/3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1Mix together filling ingredients and set aside.
- 2Mix 2 cups of the flour, granulated sugar, salt and yeast in large bowl. Add milk, 1/3 cup butter and the egg. Beat with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute, scraping bowl frequently. Beat on medium speed 1 minute, scraping bowl frequently. Stir in remaining flour, 1 cup at a time, to make dough easy to handle.
- 3Place dough on lightly floured surface; gently roll in flour to coat. Knead about 5 minutes or until smooth and springy. Place dough in greased large bowl, turning dought to grease all sides. Cover and let rise in warm place about 1 1/2 hours or until double. (Dough is ready if indentation remains when touched).
- 4Grease rectangular pan, 13 x 9 x 2 inches. Heat brown sugar and 1/2 cup butter to boiling in 1 quart saucepan, stirring constantly; remove from heat. Stir in corn syrup; cool 5 minutes. Pour into pan. Sprinkle with pecan halves.
- 5Gently push fist into dough to deflate. Pat or roll into 15 x 10 inch rectangle. Spread with 2 tablespoons butter sprinkle with filling. Roll up tightly, beginning at 15 inch side. Pinch edge of dough into roll to seal. Stretch and shape to make even. Cut into 15 1-inch slices. Place slightly apart in pan.
- 6Cover unbaked rolls tightly and immediately refrigerate at least 12 hours (to allow for rising) but no longer than 48 hours.
- 7Heat oven to 350 degrees. Uncover and bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. Let pan remain about 1 minute so caramel can drizzle over rolls.
- 8***Note*** to bake immediately ater placing sliced dough in pan, let rise uncovered in warm place about 30 minutes or until doubled. Bake as directed above.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Overnight Pecan Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.6
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 45.8 mg
- Sodium 286.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 24.1 g
- Protein 5.2 g