Cinnamon Pecan Rolls
I adopted this from the recipezaar account. I HAVE made this recipe, though! They are absolutely delicious! Give this one a try!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup warm water (110 degrees)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 -5 cups unbleached all-purpose white flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups chopped pecans or 2 cups walnuts
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, scald the milk.
- Pour hot milk over the granulated sugar, salt and 1/2 cup of butter.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Let sit for 5 minutes until yeast is bubbly.
- Add milk mixture to yeast and stir to mix.
- With a whisk, beat in eggs.
- Fit your mixer with a dough hook, add flour 1 cup at a time, mixing until smooth.
- Add enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead, adding small amounts of flour as necessary until the dough is smooth and elastic but not sticky.
- Place dough in a greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Punch down.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Roll dough into a rectangle about 15x22 inches.
- In a small bowl mix together the melted butter and brown sugar, Using a spatula, spread this over the dough up to 1/2 inch from the edges.
- Sprinkle cinnamon evenly over the sugar and butter.
- Top with a layer of nuts.
- Roll dough up lenghthwise to make a log and pinch edge to seal.
- Slice dough evenly into 12 pieces.
- Place each piece cut side down on baking sheets 1 inch apart and let rise, covered with parchment or plastic for 15 minutes.
- Bake rolls until lightly browned on top- about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven To prepare icing, beat 4 tablespoons of butter with the powdered sugar and lemon juice until fluffy.
- Using a spatula, smear the icing on top of the warm rolls.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 11 more