1/4 Photos of Oven Tacos
I found this recipe on Pinterest and tried it with my family tonight. They loved it, but I must warn you. I don't use canned refried beans, I use http://www.food.com/recipe/simple-and-easy-homemade-refried-beans-460636. In addition, I didn't mix them in because only 1/2 of my family likes them. I layered them into 1/2 the tacos and because I put them on the bottom, those shells ended up a bit soggy. If you choose to separate them like me, I suggest you layer them on top of the meat! Optional Condiments- Lettuce (shredded) Tomato (diced) Salsa Guacamole Sour Cream Olives, sliced
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef (or turkey or chicken)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 ounces green chilies, diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning (below)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 2 cups shredded reduced fat colby-monterey jack cheese
- 18 -20 taco shells, hard
- 1To make taco seasoning, mix all of the ingredients together. Store in an airtight container.
- 2Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 3In a large skillet brown ground beef and onion over medium-high heat. Drain off any excess liquid. Return to pan, add chilies, refried beans, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning. Mix well and cook for a few minutes if mixture seems runny.
- 4Spoon the taco meat mixture into the taco shells and place into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, standing up. Sprinkle cheese over the top of the taco meat in each shell. Place into the oven and bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the tacos are heated through.
- 5Remove from the oven and top with any optional condiments for serving.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 734.1
- Calories from Fat 385
- Total Fat 42.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 136.3 mg
- Sodium 1446.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 45.4 g